Thursday, November 30, 2017

The Majesty of Integrity!





There are so many problems and issues which one can write about, you might think it is difficult to choose a topic.  Quite simply it was not. I do not want to talk about philandering politicians, power-elites, or down fallen TV personalities: at least not directly.  It should suffice to note there are morons everywhere. But, I want to discuss a characteristic which seems to be lacking these days. That characteristic is Integrity and I am personally obsessive about it.

Integrity, as defined by Merriam - Webster, is "firm adherence to a code of especially moral or artistic values: incorruptibility".   Integrity means one does what one says they will do.  For me, this has always meant if I said I will call you tomorrow, then I will call you tomorrow: no ifs and or buts.

Lately, I have experienced a lack of the display of integrity from some people I know well, and others I know socially. It hasn't been anything life shattering, just irritating.  Simon Sinek lays it out beautifully in this short video.  I urge you to watch it, reflect on it, and seek to understand.  True integrity is a majestic thing!

I ask you to share this blog post with all your friends and acquaintances.  Not because I think they lack integrity, but because I have a goal to reach a certain readership with my blog. Thanks!

All the Best,
Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment